Why is it that every time you start dating someone new, all your exes suddenly want to reconnect? Facebook messages suddenly pop up, “Just wanted to say Hi”. Soooo annoying. It’s like all of a sudden they recognize your value now that someone else does. Here’s the dating dilemma: should you return to your ex or stick with who you’re dating to see if it will lead anywhere? The choice becomes even harder when you still have feelings for your ex. Tempting, right? Yes, but here are a few tips on how to get over your ex. This is a very simple list and of course it can go on and on but I’ll keep it concise. This in no way sums up every possible way to ensure your ex doesn’t return like a bad sequel but may potentially help you star in a new love story with a happy ending.
1. Stop thinking of ways to get back with your ex. That means, no more Googling “ways to get back with my ex”.
2. Stick to the motto, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” Try to avoid repeating a failed relationship.
3. Don’t forget why you broke up in the first place. If your ex always compared you to other people, it’s likely that you’re not their type and you will be dumped again once someone “better” comes along…again. Save yourself the heartache.
4. Give yourself time after the break-up. You may have developed strong feelings during the relationship with your ex and that means it will be tempting to get back together but keep in mind that you both weren’t compatible; constant arguments, yelling, deception, lies…all things you don’t want to re-live. So give yourself time to heal.
5. Cyber Stalking is a big N0 No. Stop “liking” photos. Unfriend, block and delete him or her and try with every fiber of your being to move on. Easier said than done, so I’d recommend you invite a few friends over and make a celebration out of it by having a “Break Up” party. Celebrate your new found freedom with popcorn, friends and fun. Your friends will cheer you on as you press the delete button possibly boosting your confidence and giving you the affirmation you need to start a new love relationship.